School Forms Policy
It is the time of year for school forms again. Due to the large volume of requests we receive, please drop off your forms in our office as soon as possible. Our nurses will fill them out and have the doctor review them in the order received, but this can take up to one week for completion.
Important information you must supply:
- Your child’s current weight – this is essential information for food allergy forms.
- Medication names and dose if appropriate: For example EpiPen vs AuviQ, ProAir vs Ventolin inhaler, whether albuterol solution is kept at school, etc.
- Food Allergy Forms:
- Specify which foods your child is allergic to – eg, milk, egg, peanut, tree nuts, sesame…
- Indicate whether you want your child to be able to self-administer the epinephrine injector or not.
- If you wish your child to sit at a regular lunch table, you must obtain permission from your doctor. In addition you will be asked to sign a letter of acknowledging the risk and responsibility.
- Asthma Forms:
- Specify if your child can self-administer an inhaler.
- Specify if you want your child to pretreat before exercise with an inhaler.
- A Patient Medical Information Release will be required before the school form can be released to you This authorization form can be downloaded from this website under the FORMS tab.
Once the medical release authorization is received by us and the school form is completed, we will call you to pick it up at the front desk. Thank you for your cooperation.